The Chilliwack Cultural Centre thanks you for your interest, below you will find some helpful information to aide you through the process. To book the rental spaces at the Chilliwack Cultural Centre please contact Theresia Reid at 604-392-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chilliwack Cultural Centre does not restrict the booking of similar or competitive acts on dates that are close to any existing bookings.
- A first hold may be placed on a date for a limited time without a deposit.
- The first hold is considered a tentative booking only.
- As soon as a decision is made regarding the date, we request that the theatre be contacted to confirm or release the hold.
- Once the theatre is notified of a decision to use a date, a signed contract and a deposit (50% of the most expensive day) on the base rental must be received for a booking to be fully confirmed.
- A second hold may be placed on a date with an existing hold.
- If the first hold cancels, the second hold will be contacted and offered the space.
- Should the second hold wish to secure the date they may challenge the first hold by paying a 50 % deposit (refundable if the first hold contracts the date). Once this deposit is received, the first party will be contacted. They will have a set time to go to contract or release the date.
- If the first hold pays the deposit and confirms the date, then the challenge deposit will be returned. Alternatively, if the first hold declines, then the challenging hold will retain the date and the deposit becomes non-refundable.
- Once the contract is signed, the event is confirmed the non-refundable deposit will be credited to the final bill.
If an event is cancelled within 90 days of the event, the deposit is forfeited along with any incurred or committed expenses.
All licensees of the building are required to obtain general liability insurance coverage in the amount of $2,000,000.00 inclusive per occurrence. Insurance is mandatory; proof of insurance must be provided to The Chilliwack Cultural Centre prior to the event. You are able to purchase your insurance coverage through The Centre.
- Tickets MUST be sold through the Chilliwack Cultural Centre’s ticket agent, the Centre Box Office. This is non-negotiable.
- Everyone attending an event at The Chilliwack Cultural Centre, including children of any age (even babes-in arms) requires a ticket.
The Chilliwack Cultural Centre collects a 15% percent commission on all merchandise sales.
The Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada require you to purchase a SOCAN license if you use copyright music during an event. Payment of SOCAN fees is the responsibility of the licensee.
Please direct your questions to SOCAN Vancouver:
Toll Free: 1-800- 937-6226