The Chilliwack Cultural Centre is seeking a part-time Facility Maintenance and Janitorial Staff Member.
This is an exciting, fast-paced, dynamic team position beginning as soon as possible.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure cleanliness of floors, walls, windows, and doors
- Empty trash cans and other waste and recycling containers
- Clean and disinfect washrooms and fixtures
- Clean and disinfect food preparation and storage areas
- Move furniture, equipment and supplies as needed
- Follow security and safety measures and procedures
- Ensure snow and ice are removed from walkways and that all entrances and exits are clear and safe
- Set up tables, chairs, and other equipment for meetings, classes, and/or events
- Minor maintenance and painting as needed
- Previous maintenance experience is an asset
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills
- The tact and diplomacy required to deal with the general public in a positive and helpful manner
- Detail oriented, work well with the public and be available to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to easily lift 50 pounds
- Level one first aid, CPR, WHMIS, will be an asset
- A clean criminal records check for working with children and vulnerable adults will be required
This is a part-time position, including evening and weekend hours. The pay is $16/hr. This posting will be open until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
Operations Manager, Chilliwack Cultural Centre
9201 Corbould Street, Chilliwack, BC V2P 4A6
We appreciate all interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.