Chilliwack Cultural Centre, Chilliwack, British Columbia
November 2, 2021
The Chilliwack Cultural Centre is accepting applications from the public for the position of Guest Services Team Member. This is a paid casual position starting November 2021.
The Chilliwack Cultural consists of a 575+ seat proscenium arch theatre, a 160+ seat black box theatre, the Chilliwack Art Gallery, multi-purpose/activity/banquet rooms, multi-purpose lobby and concourse, four arts and crafts studios, 21 music instruction rooms/studios, and office and backstage support facilities. The Centre presents a comprehensive performance series of local and touring productions each season.
The ideal candidate must have experience with customer service and handling cash. Other key requirements:
- Organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and creative team player
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior relevant experience
- Positive, pro-active and personable
- Assist with the execution of appropriate health and safety and emergency procedures
- Dedication to a high level of customer service
- Ability to be flexible under stress
- WHMIS, First Aid, Serving it Right and Food Safe certificate an asset
- Must be punctual and reliable
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, team-orientated workplace. The position includes:
- Leading a team of volunteers in their ushering duties during events at The Centre
- Supervising a team of volunteers in the Concession/Bar during events at The Centre
- Dealing directly with the public
- Maintaining a Food Safe environment in the Concession/Bar
- Preparing food items, coffee and alcoholic beverages
- Monitoring the sales and consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Dealing with cash
Candidates should have excellent organization, time management and communication skills, and the tact and diplomacy required to deal in a positive and helpful manner with community groups, the public, and other staff. The ability to anticipate needs and have a positive outlook is essential.
This is a casual position that pays $16 to $19/hr.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
Acting Manager of the Chilliwack Cultural Centre
9201 Corbould Street, Chilliwack, BC V2P 4A6
We appreciate all interested but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.