Job Posting: Guest Services Team Member
Chilliwack Cultural Centre, Chilliwack, British Columbia
September 16, 2022
The Chilliwack Cultural Centre is accepting applications from the public for the position of Guest Services Team Member. This is a paid casual position starting as soon as possible.
The Chilliwack Cultural consists of a 575+ seat proscenium arch theatre, a 160+ seat black box theatre, the Chilliwack Art Gallery, multi-purpose/activity/banquet rooms, multi-purpose lobby and concourse, four arts and crafts studios, 21 music instruction rooms/studios, and office and backstage support facilities. The Centre presents a comprehensive performance series of local and touring productions each season.
The ideal candidate must have experience with customer service and handling cash. Other key requirements:
- Organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and creative team player
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior relevant experience
- Positive, pro-active and personable
- Assist with the execution of appropriate health and safety and emergency procedures
- Dedication to a high level of customer service
- Ability to be flexible under stress
- WHMIS, First Aid, Serving it Right and Food Safe certificate an asset
- Must be punctual and reliable
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, team-orientated workplace. The position includes:
- Leading a team of volunteers in their ushering duties during events at The Centre
- Supervising a team of volunteers in the Concession/Bar during events at The Centre
- Dealing directly with the public
- Maintaining a Food Safe environment in the Concession/Bar
- Preparing food items, coffee and alcoholic beverages
- Monitoring the sales and consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Dealing with cash
Candidates should have excellent organization, time management and communication skills, and the tact and diplomacy required to deal in a positive and helpful manner with community groups, the public, and other staff. The ability to anticipate needs and have a positive outlook is essential.
This is a casual position that pays $16.45 to $19.45/hr. This posting will be open until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
9201 Corbould Street, Chilliwack, BC V2P 4A6
We appreciate all interested but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.