Chilliwack Cultural Centre Board members biographies:
Jordan Forsyth: President
- Lawyer, Baker Newby LLP
- Member of Law Society of British Columbia
- Director, Chilliwack Chamber of Commerce
- Director, Downtown Chilliwack Business Improvement Association
- Past volunteer with U.B.C. Law Review
- Past volunteer with Pro Bono Students Canada
Jaquie Simpson: Vice – President
- Former Owner of Grey Area Gallery, a Chilliwack art gallery that featured established and emerging Canadian Artists.
- Former Social Worker for the Ministry of Children and Families.
- Former Actor at the University of Western Ontario and University of the Fraser Valley.
- Former Co-Chair for the Hospice Society’s November Nights Gala (4 years).
- Former Executive Board Member for the Chilliwack School of Performing Arts
- Past Prop Designer for Chilliwack School of Performing Arts
- Past Volunteer on the Gala Committee for The Opening Night Gala of the Chilliwack Art’s and Cultural Centre
- Volunteer on the Wine/Beer Festival Committee for Chilliwack Art’s and Cultural Centre
- Member of the Chilliwack Arts & Cultural Centre Society
Rick Paulding: Treasurer
- Retired 2015
- Member, Institutes of CPA’s of BC and Canada
- Former partner of a Chilliwack based regional CPA firm
- Former licensed broker with two different bank owned investment dealers
- Member, Sardis Community Church
- Former director, treasure and president, Chilliwack Academy of Music
- Former director and Treasurer of a BC licensed pregnancy and adoption services charity
- Former founding director and first Treasurer, Chilliwack Foundation
- Married, with two adult daughters
Dr. Mark Evered: Secretary
- Past President & Vice-Chancellor, University of the Fraser Valley (2009-2017);
- Previous Academic appointments: Cambridge U, Western U, U of Saskatchewan, U of Melbourne, Thompson Rivers U.
- Examples of previous national service: Governance Committee of Universities Canada; Chair, Canadian Council on Animal Care (Canada’s animal research ethics body)
- Examples of previous provincial service: Chair, BC Association of Institutes and Universities; Vice-Chair, Saskatchewan Heart & Stroke Foundation.
- Board of Directors, Abbotsford Division of Family Practice
- Honours: Teaching awards including U of S Master Teacher Award; Queen’s Diamond Jubilee medal; Honorary President of Xi’an Fanyi University in China; UFV President Emeritus; UFV Student Union Society named its Great Hall after Dr. Evered and his wife Maureen; Paul Harris Fellow; Halqemeylem name, Al’aliyatel, given by Stó:lō people
Directors at Large:
- Employment: Registered Critical Care Nurse with Fraser Health and Clinical instructor at the University of the Fraser Valley.
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Canadian Nurses Association Certification in Gerontology and Masters in Nursing with a focus in Gerontology.
- Former collegiate basketball player at Langara and Capilano Universities.
- Passions: Supporter and passionate about the arts.
- Articulate, compassionate and savvy community volunteer since 1992
- Artist: Architectural Glass and multi-media; art-for-arts-sake; Public/Community Art.
- Certified Teacher
- Owner/Operator: multi-unit Retail (former)
- Partner/Operator: interprovincial print media development service (former)
- Employment: sales, education, systems, marketing, administration … (former)
- Volunteer addressing community development, safety, marginalization, sports, sustainability and arts
- Current member: Chilliwack Visual Arts Association, Fraser Valley Dragon Boat Club, Kent Harrison Arts Council, North Vancouver Community Arts Council
- Herbalife Independent Distributor since 1989
- Owner / Operator Refresh Nutrition & Fit Camp
- Herbalife Nutrition Canada Strategy and Planning Committee
- Board of Directors MOVE: The Company
- Chair Tzeachten Lands Advisory Committee
- Former Owner LaRaffinage Spa, Vancouver
- Former Owner Fuzion Fitness, Abbotsford
- Former Herbalife Nutrition North American Strategy and Planning Committee
- Former Church on the Southside Leadership Team
- MBA Simon Fraser University
- Former Fashion Merchandiser and Retail Store Manager
- Former Certified Dental Assistant
- Wife and Mom of 2 grown children
Ryan Mulligan – City Staff Liaison
- Bio to come
Jeff Shields – City Council Liaison
- Elected to City Council in October 2018
- CA/CPA for over 25 years
- CFO of Visscher Group of Companies for 20 years
- Member of Chilliwack Mt Cheam Rotary since 2005. President in 2010
- Former board member of CEPCO, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Chilliwack Flight Fest, Chilliwack Community Services
- Former Treasurer of Independent Lumber Remanufacturers Association
- Youth soccer coach