Job Posting: Summer Arts Camp Clay Instructor
Chilliwack Cultural Centre, Chilliwack, British Columbia
April 25, 2017
The Chilliwack Arts & Cultural Centre Society is now accepting applications for the part-time position of Summer Arts Camp Clay Instructor. The Centre offers an introduction to ceramics which teaches children ages 5-11 the basics of creating art works from clay.
The ideal candidate for this position would have a ceramics and art background. Experience working with children is an asset. Candidates must provide a criminal records check, be punctual, and have excellent communication skills.
– Candidates should have excellent organization, time management & communication skills, and tact & diplomacy required to deal in a positive and helpful manner with adults and children.
– Preparation and instruction of projects for the ages 5-7 class and 8-11 class
– Supervise students in class and ensure safe use of clay studio
– Set up and cleanup of studio
– Communicate/interact with staff, parents and youth ages 5-12
The Chilliwack Cultural consists of a 575+ seat Hub International theatre, a 160+ seat Rotary Hall Studio theatre, the O’Connor Group Art Gallery, performance studios, multi-purpose lobby and concourse, four arts and crafts studios, 21 music instruction rooms/studios, and office and backstage support facilities. The Centre presents a comprehensive performance series of local and touring productions each season.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, team-orientated workplace.
Application Deadline is Friday, May 26, 2017 at noon.
Interviews will be scheduled for Tuesday, May 30, 2017.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
Chilliwack Cultural Centre
9201 Corbould Street, Chilliwack, BC V2P 4A6
We appreciate all interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.